Jim is a studio album by Jamie Lidell. It was released through Warp on 28 April 2008. It peaked at number 8 on the UK Independent Albums Chart, as well as number 183 on the Billboard 200 chart, number 7 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart, and number 23 on the Billboard Independent Albums chart. All tracks written by Jamie Lidell and Dominic 'Mocky' Salole, except where noted.
Jamie Alexander Lidderdale (born 18 September 1973, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England), known professionally as Jamie Lidell, is an English musician and soul singer living in Nashville, Tennessee. Lidell was formerly a part of Super Collider. Lidell is known for layering tracks made with his voice into a microphone and performing the percussion and melody as a sequenced, beatboxing one-man band. Then over his augmented voices, he sings soul-inspired songs.
Jamie Lidell continues his soul takeover of Warp with JIM, though this time, he seems to channel a feel-good 60s vibe right off the bat on "Another Day" and "Green Light. Wait For Me" continues this, but "Out Of My System," "Little Bit Of Feel Good," and "Hurricane" dive head-first into the funk-soul. Lidell seems to be engaging with funk on a more pure level here, with less electronic nudging as on MULTIPLY, but he also shows his more sensitive side with "All I Wanna Do" and "Rope of Sand.
Jamie Lidell is an album by Jamie Lidell released in 2013 and produced by Lidell and Justin Stanley in Lidell's Nashville, Tennessee studio. The lead single, "What a Shame," was released on YouTube on Nov 16, 2012
Jamie Lidell, Dominic Salole.
Jim is a 2008 album from Jamie Lidell. The album is less than his previous album, Multiply. In early 2009, Jim was named Best Pop/Rock Album at the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards. For the week of May 17, 2008, the album reached on the . . Written by Jamie Lidell and Dominic 'Mocky' Salole (except where noted). Out of My System" - 3:58. All I Wanna Do" - 5:13. Little Bit of Feel Good" - 4:03 (Lidell/Salole/Andre Vida). Figured Me Out" - 4:27. Green Light" - 3:49 (Lidell/Salole/Jason Charles Beck). Where D'You Go?" - 2:24 (Beck).
Tracklist Hide Credits
Congas [Conga] – Bill YoungmanHandclaps [Rhythmic Applause] – Justin StanleyHandclaps [Rhythmic Applause], Backing Vocals [Backups] – Joniece Jamison, Linda Lee Hopkins, Tatiana HeintzHandclaps [Rhythmic Applause], Cowbell, Performer [Farf] – MockyKazoo, Percussion [Brush], Handclaps [Rhythmic Applause] – Jim*Producer [Backup Vocal Production], Arranged By [Backup Vocal Arranging] – GonzalesTambourine – Shawn Davis
|2||Wait For Me
Backing Vocals [Backups] – Joniece Jamison, Linda Lee Hopkins, Tatiana HeintzProducer [Backup Vocal Production], Arranged By [Backup Vocal Arranging], Organ, Tambourine – Gonzales
|3||Out Of My System
Bass [End Bass], Tambourine – Shawn Davis Drums, Tape [Tape Treatments], Bells – Jim*Organ, Cymbal, Performer [Fills] – MockyTambourine, Handclaps [Claps] – Justin Stanley
|4||All I Wanna Do
Cello – Hildur Gudnadóttir*Drums, Organ [Bridge Hammond] – GonzalesKeyboards [Keys], Percussion – Mocky
|5||Little Bit Of Feel Good
Backing Vocals [Backups] – Nikka CostaClavinet [Clavs], Synthesizer [Flute Synth] – David Palmer Cymbal [Finger Cymbals], Saxophone [Marrocan Sax], Recorder, Guitar [Off Guitar], Talkbox – Jim*Drum Programming [Digital Chunky Druma] – SnaxElectric Piano [Rhodes], Synthesizer [Synth] – MockyHandclaps [Claps] – Justin StanleyWritten-By – Andre Vida
|6||Figured Me Out
Backing Vocals [Backups] – Hildur Gudnadóttir*Synthesizer [Additional Synths], Clavinet [Clavs] – Brian LeBartonSynthesizer [Synth] – MockySynthesizer [Synths And Funk Dust] – SnaxTalkbox, Guitar, Synthesizer [Synth], Bass – Jim*
Backing Vocals [Backups], Voice [Street Chat] – PeachesBass – Shawn Davis Clavinet [Clav], Guitar, Tambourine, Handclaps [Claps] – Justin StanleyPiano [Toy Piano], Organ, Bells [Bell], Synthesizer [Noisy Synth], Guitar [Sped Up And Trashy Guitar] – Jim*Voice [Street Chat] – Mocky
Backing Vocals [Backups] – Nikka CostaClavinet [Clav], Synthesizer [Synth], Finger Snaps [Snaps] – Jim*, MockyElectric Piano [Wurli] – Mike Farrell*Written-By – Jason Charles Beck AKA "Gonzales"*
|9||Where D'You Go?
Backing Vocals [Backups] – PeachesHandclaps [Claps] – Aladin Letang, Gonzales, Renaud LetangTambourine – Gonzales, MockyWritten-By – Jason Charles Beck AKA "Gonzales"*
|10||Rope Of Sand
Cello, Backing Vocals [Backups] – Hildur Gudnadóttir*Electric Piano [Wurli] – Mike Farrell*Omnichord [Magic Omnichord] – Jim*Omnichord [Magic Omnichord], Bells – Justin StanleyOrgan, Omnichord [Magic Omnichord], Mandolin – Mocky
- Artwork By [Cover] – Kim Hiorthøy
- Backing Vocals [Backups] – Jim* (tracks: 3, 4, 6, 7, 9), Mocky (tracks: 3, 4, 6, 9)
- Bass – Mocky (tracks: 1, 3 to 6)
- Drums – Justin Stanley (tracks: 5 to 7), Mocky (tracks: 1, 2, 8, 9)
- Engineer [Berlin Recording Engineer, Vocal Recording Engineer] – Ingo Krauss
- Engineer [La Recording Engineer] – Robbie Lackritz
- Guitar – Mocky (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 10)
- Handclaps [Claps] – Jim* (tracks: 3, 5, 7, 9), Mocky (tracks: 3, 5, 9)
- Harmonica – Jim* (tracks: 4, 5, 7)
- Horns – David Ralicke (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 8), Stewart Cole (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 8)
- Lead Vocals – Jim* (tracks: 4 to 6, 10)
- Mastered By, Engineer [Berlin Recording Engineer, Vocal Recording Engineer] – Rashad Becker
- Mixed By [Assisted By], Engineer [Assistant To Paris Recording Engineer] – Thomas Moulin
- Mixed By, Engineer [Paris Recording Engineer] – Renaud Letang
- Other [Management] – Melinda Cody
- Percussion – Alex Acuña (tracks: 3, 6, 8)
- Piano – Gonzales (tracks: 1, 2, 8, 9), Mocky (tracks: 3, 6, 10)
- Producer [Additional Production], Engineer [La Recording Engineer] – Justin Stanley
- Producer, Engineer [Berlin Recording Engineer] – Jamie Lidell, Mocky
- Tambourine – Jim* (tracks: 2, 3, 7)
- Voice [Voices] – Jim* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 9)
- Written-By – Dominic "Mocky" Salole* (tracks: 1 to 8, 10), Jamie Lidell (tracks: 1 to 8, 10)
Notes℗ 2008 Warp Records Limited.
© 2008 Warp Records Limited.
Made in EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 801061 016029
|WARPCD160||Jamie Lidell||Jim (CD, Album)||Warp Records||WARPCD160||US||2008|
|WARPCD160P||Jamie Lidell||Jim (CD, Album, Promo)||Warp Records||WARPCD160P||UK||2008|
|BRC-194L||Jamie Lidell||Jim (CD, Album)||Warp Records, Beat Records||BRC-194L||Japan||2008|
|WARPCD160||Jamie Lidell||Jim (CDr, Album, Num, Promo, Wat)||Warp Records||WARPCD160||UK||2008|
|WARPCD160X||Jamie Lidell||Jim (CD, Album + CD, Bon)||Warp Records||WARPCD160X||Europe||2008|