Candlebox is the debut album by Seattle rock band Candlebox. It contains their best known hit, "Far Behind", as well as the hit singles "Change", "You" and "Cover Me". Released in 1993, the album has since been certified 4 platinum in the United States. The music videos for "Change", "Far Behind" and "You" remained in longstanding rotation on MTV and the latter became two of the most requested videos of 1993, and the former being featured on Beavis and Butt-Head.
Candlebox features two guitarists, with Kevin Martin playing rhythm and Peter Klett handling the lead. About half of the songs are hard charging, with intricate high note melodies and explosive riffs that are played in an urgent hurry. Sometimes there are awesome guitar solos with incendiary textures like Richie Blackmore's style. Although they didn't start out in the eighties, like their Seattle counterparts, their debut album was very competitive. It went quadruple platinum, selling over four million units. There are many imitators of bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. But Candlebox has a unique style of grunge, which is close to a glamorous strain of hard rock.
The Candlebox Collection (2013) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: The Candlebox Collection (2013).
Candlebox rode the alternative bandwagon to the top of the charts with their self-titled debut album. Taking the heaviest moments of Soundgarden and Alice in Chains and adding both the confinements of a pop song and the attitude of album rock, Candlebox managed to sell over two million copies of their first album. Nothing on Candlebox is particularly catchy - the singles "You" and "Far Behind" are the closest they come to memorable melodies - but there is enough sheer riff power to satisfy fans of their singles.
Candlebox is a rock band from Seattle, Washington. Formed in December 1991, they originally named the band Uncle Duke and later changed it as a tribute to a song by Midnight Oil. They were sometimes looked down upon by grunge fans for their style, which was considered by many to be a derivative version of true grunge, and their commercial success suffered as a result.
Candlebox скачать mp3 в хорошем качестве, либо слушайте песню Candlebox - Far Behind, Candlebox - You, Candlebox - Far Behind, Candlebox - Supernova, Candlebox - Crazy, а также рингтоны на звонок и все новые треки.
Seattle's Candlebox exploded out of the gate with their heavy-rocking 1993 self-titled debut. But don't call these guys grunge. Sure, frontman Kevin Martin contends with Eddie Vedder for the most aching warble on angsty power ballads like "Far Behind" and "Cover Me," but the band's most intense moments come when they straight up rock. The opening "Don't You" chugs like early Aerosmith as Peter Klett works his guitar into a searing, squealing frenzy, while "Rain" furiously transforms from a bluesy jam to a wild pop-metal blowout.
Candlebox is the debut album by Seattle rock band Candlebox. It contains their best-known hit, Far Behind, as well as the hit singles Change, You and Cover Me. Although released in July 1993, Candlebox did not enter the top 10 Billboard 200 until August 1994, upon the success of its third and biggest single Far Behind, which would reach number 18 on the Hot 100 chart roughly a month later.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – Scott Heard
|11||He Calls Home
Backing Vocals – Laurie Lewis Organ [Hammond] – Randy Gane
- Marketed By – Sire
- Marketed By – Warner Bros. Records
- Record Company – Time Warner
- Copyright (c) – Maverick Recording Company
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Maverick Recording Company
- Record Company – Sire Records Company
- Manufactured By – WEA Manufacturing
- Published By – Skinny White Butt Music
- Recorded At – London Bridge Studio
- Mixed At – London Bridge Studio
- Recorded At – Robert Lang Studios
- Glass Mastered At – Specialty Records Corporation
- A&R – Guy Oseary
- Art Direction – Janet Levinson
- Bass – Bardi Martin
- Booking [For William Morris Booking Agency, Bevery Hills] – Trip Brown
- Drums – Scott Mercado
- Engineer – Kelly Gray
- Engineer [2nd] – Jon Plum
- Guitar – Peter Klett
- Lyrics By – K. Martin*
- Management [For LGM] – Lindy Goetz
- Mixed By – Candlebox, Kelly Gray
- Music By – Candlebox, P. Klett* (tracks: 2, 7, 10, 11)
- Photography By – Kevin Westenberg
- Producer – Candlebox (tracks: 1 to 8, 10, 11), Jon Plum (tracks: 9), Kelly Gray
- Vocals – Kevin Martin
NotesRecorded & mixed at London Bridge Studios March to April of '93, except "Far Behind" & "You" recorded at Bob Lang Studios Easter of '92.
All songs Skinny White Butt Music/ASCAP.
Marketed by Sire/Warner Bros. Records, a Time Warner Company.
©℗1993 Maverick Recording Company.
Has the same catalog number as , Candlebox, which has a slight matrix variation and was pressed by Allied Record Company.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 9362-45313-2 6
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): [Specialty Records Corporation logo] 1 45313-2 SRC**01 M3S3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): [Specialty Records Corporation logo] 1 45313-2 SRC**01 M6S29
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): [Specialty Records Corporation logo] 1 45313-2 SRC**01 M1S5
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): (Specialty Records Corporation logo) 1 45313-2 SRC**01 M6S5
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 5): [Specialty Records Corporation logo] 1 45313-2 SRC**01 M6S13
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 6): [Specialty Records Corporation logo] 1 45313-2 SRC**01 M6S15
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 7): [Specialty Records Corporation logo] 1 45313-2 SRC**01 M1S9
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|9362-45313-2||Candlebox||Candlebox (CD, Album)||Maverick, Sire||9362-45313-2||Europe||1993|
|45.016-C, 6245313-4||Candlebox||Candlebox (Cass, Album)||Sonografica, Maverick||45.016-C, 6245313-4||Venezuela||1993|
|CDW 45313||Candlebox||Candlebox (CD, Album)||Maverick, Sire, Warner Bros. Records||CDW 45313||Canada||1993|
|24 53134||Candlebox||Candlebox (Cass, Album)||Maverick||24 53134||Canada||1993|
|9362-45313-2||Candlebox||Candlebox (CD, Album, RP)||Maverick, Sire||9362-45313-2||Europe||1994|