Michael Nyman - The Claim download album
Michael Nyman's sweeping score to director Michael Winterbottom's film The Claim might contain the most mournful compositions of the composer's career. Nyman's most successful scores in the past have been those where he explored baroque minimalism, as seen in his film scores to many Peter Greenaway films, and those where he tackled strong emotions, as in his score to Jane Campion's The Piano
Michael Laurence Nyman, CBE (born 23 March 1944) is an English composer of minimalist music, pianist, librettist and musicologist, known for numerous film scores (many written during his lengthy collaboration with the filmmaker Peter Greenaway), and his multi-platinum soundtrack album to Jane Campion's The Piano
Michael Nyman (1981 album). Michael Nyman is the third album release by Michael Nyman and the second with the Michael Nyman Band, having previously contributed tracks to new music compilations.
1. Michael Nyman - The Claim. 1. Michael Nyman - The Exchange. 2. Michael Nyman - The First Encounter. 3. Michael Nyman - The Hut. 4. Michael Nyman - The Explosion. 5. Michael Nyman - The Recollection. 6. Michael Nyman - The Fiery House. 7. Michael Nyman - The Betrothal. 8. Michael Nyman - The Firework Display. 9. Michael Nyman - The Train. 10. Michael Nyman - The Shoot Out. 11. Michael Nyman - The Death of Elena. 12. Michael Nyman - The Explanation. 13. Michael Nyman - The Burning. 14. Michael Nyman - The Snowy Death
THE CLAIM – Michael Nyman. I’m not really given to making lofty proclamations here, but this is one guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers: The Claim is Michael Nyman’s best score to date. I’m not talking best as in the complexity of the music, or the craftsmanship: rather, The Claim is Nyman’s first film score in the sense that it overflows with emotion. It’s lush, it sweeps, and it features one of the most attractive central themes the enigmatic Englishman has ever written.
The Claim (Music From the Motion Picture). Your browser does not support the audio element. The Hut.
Only played once or twice. The Shoot Out. Format: CD, Album. Condition: NEAR MINT. Jewel case, CD and booklet are all in excellent condition. Only played once or twice.
|2||The First Encounter||3:46|
|6||The Fiery House||4:19|
|8||The Firework Display||3:24|
|10||The Shoot Out||5:07|
|11||The Death Of Elena||1:34|
|14||The Snowy Death||4:52|
- Licensed To – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Michael Nyman Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – Michael Nyman Ltd.
- Published By – Chester Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Whitfield Street Studios
- Mixed At – Whitfield Street Studios
- Edited At – Whitfield Street Studios
- Designed At – Hourglass
- Baritone Saxophone – Andy Findon*
- Bass Guitar – Martin Elliott
- Cello – Nick Cooper, Sophie Harris, Anthony Hinnigan*, William Schofield
- Clarinet, Bass Clarinet – Dave Fuest*
- Composed By, Conductor, Orchestrated By – Michael Nyman
- Contractor [Orchestral] – Isobel Griffiths
- Design, Illustration – Dave McKean
- Double Bass – Mike Brittain, Paul Sherman
- Engineer – Austin Ince
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ryu Kawashima, Simon Changer
- Flute, Piccolo Flute – Jonathan Snowden
- French Horn – Dave Lee , Paul Gardham
- Oboe, Cor Anglais – Chris Hooker
- Orchestrated By – Gary Carpenter
- Percussion – Greg Knowles
- Performer – The Michael Nyman Orchestra
- Programmed By, Edited By [Music Editor] – Robert Worby
- Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone – Dave Roach*, Simon Haram
- Technician [Auricle Operator] – Chris Cozens
- Trombone, Tuba – Nigel Barr
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Trumpet [Piccolo] – Steve Sidwell
- Viola – Andy Parker*, Bruce White, Kate Musker, Paul Martin , Steve Tees*, Vicci Wardman
- Violin – Ann Morfee, Boguslav Kosteci*, Cathy Thompson, Dermot Crehan, Ed Coxon*, Helen Paterson, Ian Humphries, Jonathan Evans Jones*, Julian Leaper, Maciej Rokowski*, Mark Berrow, Patrick Kiernan, Paul Willey, Peter Hanson, Phillippa Ibbotson*, Rachel Allen, Tom Bowes*
- Violin [Leader] – Alexander Balanescu
NotesOriginal music for the film by Michael Winterbottom.
Recorded, mixed and edited at Whitfield Street Studios, London, September 2000.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 24354 54722 5
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2661
- Mastering SID Code: IFPIL 311
- Matrix / Runout: D.A.T.A. IFPIL 311 5454722 A E1
|CDVE953, 7243 5 45472 2 5||Michael Nyman||The Claim (CD, Album)||Virgin, Virgin||CDVE953, 7243 5 45472 2 5||Europe||2000|
|7243 5 45472 2 5||Michael Nyman||The Claim (Music From The United Artists Films Motion Picture) (CD, Promo)||Virgin||7243 5 45472 2 5||US||2001|
|CDVE 953||Michael Nyman||The Claim (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Virgin||CDVE 953||Russia||2000|