Bootsy's Rubber Band - Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band download album
Stretchin' Out in Bootsy's Rubber Band is the first album by American funk and soul band Bootsy's Rubber Band, an offshoot act of c led by bassist and vocalist William "Bootsy" Collins. It was released on January 30, 1976, on Warner Bros. The album was recorded around the same time as Parliament's Mothership Connection and Funkadelic's Let's Take It To The Stage at United Sound Systems in Detroit, Michigan. The album was produced by Collins and George Clinton
Different pressing ring than very similar Bootsy's Rubber Band - Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band which may indicate metalwork supplied BY Columbia Terre Haute. All tunes published by Backstage Music, 888 Seventh Av. New York, . 10019 Recorded: United Sound, Detroit Mixed: Hollywood Sound, Hollywood, Ca.
On the album, Bootsy's output served up one side of upbeat tracks perfect for getting down & jiggy with it. That certainly is the case on the title track "Stretchin' Out", thrusted forward 'on the one' by Collins' pulsating bass. Then the mood of the music begins to turn incrementally more intimate, so that by the conclusion of the second side, if circumstances warranted, you could end up with an appropriately sexy ballad as a sonic night cap of sorts. Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band peaked 10th place in 1976 in the R&B Albums Chart.
William "Bootsy" Collins' (ercussion) short but highly influential tenure with James Brown in the '70s proved to have a lasting impact - not only on the artist, but anyone who heard the audacious funk that Bootsy, his brother Phelps "Catfish" Collins (guitar), and Frankie "Kash" Waddy (drums) brought to Brown's self-proclaimed "New Breed Band". Granted, at the time of their debut, Stretchin' Out in Bootsy's Rubber Band (1976), the combo consisted of a hard-working and harder-funkin' bunch of virtually unknown instrumentalists.
Vanish in Our Sleep Lyrics. About Stretchin’ Out in Bootsy’s Rubber Band. Stretchin' Out in Bootsy’s Rubber Band is the first album by American funk and soul band Bootsy’s Rubber Band and has been remastered several times since the original release on January 30th, 1976. Stretchin’ Out in Bootsy’s Rubber Band Q&A. Show all albums by Bootsy’s Rubber Band. B. Bootsy’s Rubber Band. Stretchin’ Out in Bootsy’s Rubber Band. About Genius Contributor Guidelines Press Advertise Event Space.
Released: 30 Jan 1976. More By Bootsy Collins.
BOOTSY'S RUBBER BAND - STRETCHIN' OUT I. .Sealed-New Record on Vinyl Track Listing - Stretchin' Out (In A Rubber Band) - Psychoticbumpschool - Another Point Of View - I'd Rather Be With You - Love Vi. Bootsy Collins Jazz Funk R&b Soul Music Good Music My Music Wordpress Funk Bands Soundtrack To My Life Rubber Bands. Worst Album Covers Music Album Covers Music Albums Parliament Funkadelic Cd Cover Art Bad Album Any Music Vinyl Cd Bootsy Collins. Cosmic Slop: Pedro Bell’s fantastic, far-out and funky Funkadelic album art Dangerous Minds.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Stretchin' Out (In A Rubber Band)
Written-By – G. Clinton*, W. Collins*
Written By – G. Clinton*Written-By – B. Worrell*, P. Collins*, W. Collins*
|3||Another Point Of View
Written-By – G. Clinton*, P. Collins*, W. Collins*
|4||I'd Rather Be With You
Written-By – G. Cooper*, G. Clinton*, W. Collins*
Written-By – L. Bailey*, W. Collins*
Written-By – G. Shider*, G. Cooper*, G. Clinton*, W. Collins*
|7||Vanish In Our Sleep
Written-By – G. Clinton*, W.Collins*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Made By – Warner Music Manufacturing Europe
- Published By – Backstage Music
- Recorded At – United Sound Systems
- Mixed At – Hollywood Sound Recorders
- Arranged By – George Clinton, William Collins*
- Arranged By [Horn Arrangements] – Bootsy Collins, Fred Wesley
- Art Direction – Ed Thrasher
- Bass [Space Bass] – Bootsy Collins
- Design – John Van Hamersveld
- Drums – Casper , Frankie Kash, Gary Cooper*
- Guitar – Bootsy*, Gary Shider*, Mike Hampton*, Phelps "Catfish" Collins, Jr.*
- Keyboards – Bernie Worrell, Frederick Allen, Sonny Talbert
- Mastered By – Allen Zentz
- Photography By – George Whiteman
- Producer – George Clinton, William Collins*
- Saxophone – Maceo Parker, Randy Brecker
- Trombone – Fred Wesley
- Trumpet – Michael Brecker, Rick Gardner
- Vocals [Vocalist] – Gary "Mudbone" Cooper*, Leslyn Bailey, Robert "Peenut" Johnson*
NotesJewel case with 4 page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7599-26334-2 0
- Barcode (String): 075992633420
- Matrix / Runout: 759926334-2 WME
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L012
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 05Z7
- Rights Society: GEMA / BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0392
- Other (Distribution Code): WE 835
|BS 2920||Bootsy's Rubber Band||Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||BS 2920||US||1976|
|BS 2920||Bootsy's Rubber Band||Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band (LP, Album, Win)||Warner Bros. Records||BS 2920||US||1976|
|M5 2920||Bootsy's Rubber Band||Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band (Cass, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||M5 2920||US||1976|
|none||Bootsy's Rubber Band||Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band (Acetate, LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||none||US||Unknown|
|BS 2920||Bootsy's Rubber Band||Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band (LP, Album, TP)||Warner Bros. Records||BS 2920||US||1975|