Dave Warner's From The Suburbs - Free Kicks download album
Made in Australia by Festival Records Pty. Ltd. All tracks recorded at Bombay Rock November 1978 except for Strange Night and Suburban Rock recorded at Melbourne University June 1978 All tracks recorded on Armstrong's Mobile Recording Unit and mixed at . South Melbourne Mixed at Armstrongs, Melb.
Dave Warner formed the band Pus in 1973. Mushroom re-released "Suburban Boy" as a single together with an album, "Mug's Game", in 1978. A second album, "Free Kicks", followed in 1979, but From The Suburbs then disbanded. Dave Warner release. riginal source Last.
Album: Correct Planet. Download Dave Warner's from the Suburbs - On the Weekend. Correct Planet: Best 2 songs. Dave Warner's from the Suburbs - Joey Black 02:53.
In the meantime if you are interested in any of these chunks of Aus history, don’t abandon me – I am in the process of planning and recording the first new Dave Warner’s From The Suburbs album in 25 years and I need every buck I can get from what’s already out there.
full condensed blue highlight denotes album pick.
Dave Warner’s From the Suburbs first major appearance was at the Octagon Theatre, Perth on October 15, 1976. It featured not only the songs but small staged vignettes. Johnny Leopard (John Ryan) and Terry Serio (The Elks) who had both trained as actors were able to give Warner the breadth he wanted. They were replaced with Howie Johnstone and Paul Noonan and that was the band on gold album Mugs Game and Free Kicks which followed. By 1979 some of the band were ready to move on with other things and projects. Warner, Johnstone, Noonan and Durant remained to record Correct Weight but then Durant returned to the UK and Noonan joined the Dugites. When Warner toured to promote Correct Weight, he used the Dugites to back him with Johnstone on drums.
A second album, Free Kicks, followed in 1979, but Dave Warner's From The Suburbs then disbanded. Dave Warner released subsequent albums Correct Weight (1979) and This Is My Planet (1981) under his own name. Warner later moved away from music into writing crime fiction and other material, with plays, novels and screenplays. Artist descriptions on Last.
|A6||Yella In Me||3:36|
|B2||Old Stock Road||2:37|
- Licensed From – Mushroom Records Pty. Ltd.
- Licensed To – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Distributed By – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Made By – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mushroom Records Pty. Ltd.
- Published By – Mushroom
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Recorded At – Bombay Rock, Melbourne
- Recorded At – Melbourne University
- Mixed At – AAV
- Design, Art Direction – Robert Speechley
- Engineer [Mobile; Bombay Rock] – Ross Cockell*
- Engineer [Mobile; Melbourne University] – Ian McKenzie
- Liner Notes – David D. Pepperell
- Mixed By [Mixing Engineers; Bombay Rock] – Tony Cowan*
- Mixed By [Mixing Engineers; Melbourne University] – Ian McKenzie
- Performer, Bass Guitar, Other [Pushing In The Back] – Paul Noonan
- Performer, Drums, Other [Holding Around The Neck] – Howie Johnstone
- Performer, Guitar, Other [Holding The Man] – Tony Durant
- Performer, Guitar, Other [Tripping The Man] – Johnny Leopard
- Performer, Keyboards, Other [Kicking In Danger] – John Dennison*
- Performer, Vocals, Other [Tiesco (Holding The Ball)] – Dave Warner
- Photography By – Phillip Murray
- Producer – Tony Durant
- Written-By – Dave Warner
Made in Australia by Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
All tracks recorded at Bombay Rock November 1978 except for Strange Night and Suburban Rock recorded at Melbourne University June 1978
All tracks recorded on Armstrong's Mobile Recording Unit and mixed at A.A.V. South Melbourne
Mixed at Armstrongs, Melb., Aust.
Mushroom: A1 to A5, B1 to B4
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-side label): SMX-54029
- Matrix / Runout (B-side label): SMX-54030
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Runout - Etched): SMX54029 ·2A
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Runout - Etched): SMX54030 ·2A
|DRAW 333898||Dave Warner's From The Suburbs||Free Kicks (CD, Album, RE)||DRAW Music||DRAW 333898||Australia||2015|
|L 36910, L36910||Dave Warner's From The Suburbs||Free Kicks (Cass)||Mushroom, Mushroom||L 36910, L36910||Australia||1979|