Album · 2009 · 11 Songs. 11 Songs, 52 Minutes. Released: Jun 9, 2009. See All. Gathering Light.
Oran Etkin: Kelenia by Hrayr Attarian, published on March 17, 2010. Exposure to traditional African music is limited in the western hemisphere so it is always a pleasant surprise when a recording is released, especially when it is a solid, well above average effort. Clarinetist and saxophonist Oran Etkin has fused Malian music with elements of improvisation and jazz in his debut, Kelenia.
Oran Etkin's new album, Kelenia, features his working band with Malian Griot musicians Balla and Makane Kouyate, bassist Joe Sanders and Grammy Award winning guests Lionel Loueke and John Benitez . .Пользователь Oran Etkin добавил видео 10 лет назад. This is a live version of a tune by Oran Etkin dedicated to the late Steve Lacy on Oran's upcoming album, Kelenia. Kelenia will be released on Motema Music on June 9, 2009.
Kelenia is a world fusion music album recording by ORAN ETKIN released in 2009 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. ORAN ETKIN - Kelenia.
Clarinetist and saxophonist Oran Etkin and his group Kelenia have crafted an extraordinary blend of modern jazz, African, klezmer, and Israeli music that honors tradition while forging a completely distinct path. Dazzling vocal and guitar patterns over a rhythm section that is like a perfect system.
Listen to music from Oran Etkin like Kelenia, New Dwelling & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Oran Etkin. Oran Etkin is an internationally acclaimed jazz/world artist and composer who is known for giving music classes for children in New York City. He recently released Wake Up Clarinet!, his first release in the genre of family music. In 2010 he formed a new music education program called Timbalooloo.
Profile: Modern Jazz clarinet and saxophone player, vocalist and songwriter.
Oran Etkin is an internationally acclaimed jazz and world music musician and composer who is known for giving music classes for children in New York City. He recently released Wake Up Clarinet!, his first album in the genre of family music .
|4||Not A Waltz||6:22|
|9||It Don't Mean A Thing||3:23|
- Balafon – Balla Kouyate (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Bass – Joe Sanders (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 7 to 10), John Benitez (tracks: 2, 4, 6)
- Calabash – Makane Kouyate (tracks: 1 to 3, 6 to 10), Mohamed "Joh" Sidi Camara* (tracks: 4)
- Cello – Jessie Marino (tracks: 7)
- Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet – Oran Etkin
- Djembe – Mohamed "Joh" Sidi Camara* (tracks: 5, 10)
- Dunun – Mohamed "Joh" Sidi Camara* (tracks: 5)
- Guitar – Lionel Loueke (tracks: 2, 4, 6)
- Liner Notes – Yusef Lateef
- Talking Drum [Tama] – Mohamed "Joh" Sidi Camara* (tracks: 4)
- Violin – Sara Caswell (tracks: 7)
- Vocals – Abdoulaye Diabate (tracks: 1, 3), Makane Kouyate (tracks: 5, 10)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4011222330482